- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. corn syrup
- 3–4 Tb water
- 2 tsp citric acid
- 2–3 drops all-natural yellow food coloring
- Lemon flavoring
- Place parchment paper into a small pan (I used my 7″x5″ one)
- Place sugar, corn syrup, and water into a saucepan. Bring to soft boil, stirring constantly.
- Place candy thermometer into saucepan. Do not stir anymore at this point. Once it reaches 310 degrees, remove from heat.
- Allow the mix to sit for 30 seconds-1 minute. Place a couple of drops of coloring, flavoring, and citric acid and stir.
- Pour into parchment-lined pan. Let it cool briefly for 4 minutes (you want the candy harden a little but still soft so you can cut through it).
- Using kitchen scissors, cut into desired shapes. Dust with powdered or fine-textured sugar (this keeps from the candy from sticking together).