- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (8 0z) package tempeh, ground up in a food processor
- 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
- 1/3 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. (heaping) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ground chia seed + 6 Tbsp. warm water–set for 5 minutes until thick
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin pan.
- In a small skillet, sauté the garlic, shallots and bell pepper for 5 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground tempeh, cooked veggies tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs and salt until well-mixed.
- Add the chia “egg” and mix. Add the remainder: oats, sunflower seeds, and parsley.
- Scoop the tempeh meat into each muffin cup and gently pat down with your hands. This should fill 10 of the spots in your muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the “ketchup.” Lightly coat the tops of the meatloaf with this mixture.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until fully cooked in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Top with mashed potatoes.