This is perfect gluten and egg free bread for toasting and slathering nondairy butter and jam all over it.
- 2 1/4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 c. warm nondairy milk
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 5 Tbsp. ground white chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- In a medium bowl combine the warmed nondairy milk with the yeast and sugar. Allow to proof until frothy (approx.10 minutes).
- Add the water, oil, vinegar, and chia seeds into the yeast mix and whisk until well-combined. Allow to sit for another 2 minutes so the chia seeds expand.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Spoon the batter into a 8×4 (20×10 cm) loaf pan. Using the back of a spoon smooth out the top and gently press down to ensure there are no gaps in the batter. Allow to rise until the loaf rise just to the top of the pan (approx. 30 to 45 minutes) in a warm, non-drafty area of your kitchen. If it doubles before the allotted time, that’s okay. Just proceed to baking it, no need to wait the total time.
- Preheat oven to 350*F (190*C).
- Place the loaf in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan briefly until you can remove it and transfer to a wire rack until it has completely cooled
*Do note that any changes made to the ingredients may alter the outcome of the bread.
- Calories: 2168
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 2073mg
- Fat: 82g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 62g
- Carbohydrates: 314g
- Fiber: 35g
- Protein: 53g