- 1 c. buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. solid coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. organic maple syrup
- 2–3 Tbsp. homemade non-dairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Cut in the coconut oil until small lumps form in the flour.
- Add the maple syrup and 2 Tbsp. of non-dairy milk and mix until a dough forms. If it is too clumpy still add another tablespoon of non-dairy milk. You might have to use your hands at this point to ensure that that the dough fully forms without having to add more liquid than necessary.
- If the dough is sticky at this point, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Otherwise roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/8″ thick.
- Using a mini teddy bear cookie cutter, cut into shapes. Use 2 small pieces of dough from the leftovers to make the nose and belly–one smaller than the other–and gently but firmly press down into the dough. with a toothpick make circles for the eyes, nose, and belly button.
- Dust with coconut sugar and bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool to firm up.
- Serving Size: 10 Teddy Grahams
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 3.6g