- 1 1/2 c. Cara’s Gluten-free Flour Blend
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. nondairy milk + 2 tsp. lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar) -set for 5 minutes
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. EnerG egg replace + 2 Tbsp. water – mix until frothy
For the icing
- 1 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted (or non-hydrogenated shortening)
- 2 tsp. dark red juice (either beet, cranberry, dark cherry, etc.)
- 1–2 Tbsp. of hot water (start with 1 tablespoon and add another if still too thick)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini or regular-sized donut pan. This recipe makes 14 mini donuts or 6 large donuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Make a well in the middle of the dry mix and stir in the wet mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Place batter into a large Ziploc baggie and then cut a slit out of the corner to pipe out into the greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the icing and dip the tops of each donut. Decorate as you see fit.
For the icing
- Combine all the ingredients together except for the hot water.
- Add 1 Tbsp. hot water at a time, just enough to make a thick icing.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 0.2g