- 1 c. green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. water
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried thyme), I recommend using fresh
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, preferably BPA and salt-free
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt (adjust to preferences)
- 1 18 oz. tube of premade Polenta (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 2 qt. dish, 8×8 dish, or 4 large (no larger than 14 oz) ramekins.
- Bring the lentils in the water to a boil. Simmer covered on low-medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the shallot and garlic together until translucent. Add the herbs and red pepper flakes.
- Add the bell peppers into the mix and sauté for another minute.
- Toss the can of tomatoes, parsley and salt. Mix until well-combined and heated through.
- Place in your dish of choice (see above). Pour the cooked polenta on top of the lentil mix. You should have a nice thick layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the polenta is nicely heated through.
- Season with salt if needed and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 large ramekin
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 0mg