The perfect vegan meat alternative for stuffing soft tacos on Taco Tuesday.
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (14 oz) can of hearts of palm (contains 6 pieces typically), drained completely
- 3/4 c. Herdez’s Roasted Pasilla Chile Sauce (or sauce of choice)
- In a medium skillet, heat up the olive oil and over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the shredded hearts of palm into the pan for a few minutes just to absorb the flavor from the onions.
- Stir in the sauce and turn the heat down to medium-low and allow to fully heat up (another 5-7 minutes).
- Stuff into tortillas and add whatever garnish you desire.
This fills approximately 6-8 tacos, depending on how much you like your tacos to be filled.
- Serving Size: 2 Tacos
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg