- 1 c. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. fresh lemon juice (approx. 3–4 lemons)
- 1/3 c. nondairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest from 2 lemons
- 3/4 c. superfine brown rice flour
- 3/4 c. white rice flour
- 3/4 c. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the mayo and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, nondairy milk, vanilla, and zest and blend in until combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat in until combined. Repeat with the remainder dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the muffin tin (you will need to work in batches as this recipe makes approx. 16 cupcakes, depending on the amount you place into the tin). Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes bounce back nicely when gently touched.
- Serving Size: 16