This silky, creamy banana pie will fool anyone into believing that it is actually made with eggs and cream.
- 4 c. gluten-free cereal (I used Chex)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. coconut oil (use refined for no coconut flavor)
- 1 1/2 c. cashews (raw and unsalted), soaked in water for 1+ hours and drained
- 3/4 c. nondairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (use refined for no coconut flavor)
- 1 can coconut cream, set overnight in the fridge
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- In a food processor, crush the cereal and sugar into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and add the oil until well-combined and resembles wet sand texture. Press into a greased pie pan and place in the freezer.
For the Filling:
- Throw everything into a high-speed blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour over the crust and place back into the freezer.
For the Cream Topping:
- With an electric mixer, whip up the solid coconut cream from the can (if you are using cream, the majority of the can should actually solidify) and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and fluff up for another 30 seconds.
- Gently pour over the filling.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set (the longer the better). You can speed the process up by placing it in the freezer as well.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg