This plain donut base leaves plenty of room for the imagination. Frost them, dip them in sugar, or coat them with sprinkles–whatever you do, you will have the tastiest gluten-free vegan mini donut in hand!
- 1 1/2 c. Cara’s All Purpose Blend
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. nondairy milk of choice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ener-G egg replacer + 2 Tbsp. warm water, mixed until frothy
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini donut pan (or you can use a regular-sized donut pan. That will yield 10 donuts).
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients together until fully combined. Make a well in the center of the bowl and add all the remainder of wet ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir again briefly.
- Place the donut batter into a large plastic baggie. Cut the corner of one side to use as an opening. Pour out the batter into the pan. The more intact it stays, the better the results in the end. The batter should fill up to about 2/3 of the circle and will rise just above the pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 mini donut
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.8g