- 4 ripe peaches, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 3/4 c. water
- 1–2 Tbsp. date paste (2 Medjool dates blended with 1 Tbsp. water)
- 1–2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- juice of half lemon
- 8 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4–5 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Heat up the chopped peaches and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer for 5 minutes are until the peaches are easy enough to smash with the back of a fork.
- Stir in the sweeteners, zest and juice. Remove from heat.
- Add the basil and chia seeds and allow to rest from the heat.
- Pour into two 8 oz. glass jars and allow to cool before chilling in the fridge.
- The sweetness of this jam solely depends on your sweet tooth as well as the sweetness of the fruit. Start with the lowest amount called for and then add to meet your preference.
- Makes 16 oz. (fills 2 8oz. jam jars)