- 3 collard leaves, cut in half along the thick stem*
- 1/2 c. fresh hummus
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumbers, gutted and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 toothpicks
- Take the collard leaves and gently shave down the stem that is sticking out with a knife (be careful though). You want it to be even with the rest of the leaf because it will help out greatly with flexibility when you are rolling.
- Slather the leaf with hummus and stuff with fresh veggies.
- Roll from one side to the other (as seen in the photos above) and keep in tact with a toothpick.
- *If you don’t like the flavor of raw greens or need it toned down for digestive purposes, you can blanch your green leaves. I like to pour boiling water into a bowl and dip the leaf, coating it completely for a few seconds. Then I run it under cold water, pat it try and it’s ready to go.
- Serving Size: 2