For the “tuna” base
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds, soaked for 1–2 hours, drained and rinsed
For the sauce
- 1/2 c. cashews, soaked for 1–2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 nori sheet, broken up
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno, deseeded
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. water
- In a food processor, grind up the sunflower seeds on pulse several times until uniformly chopped. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, place the everything for the sauce inside except the water. Blend. Slowly add the water until the sauce comes out completely smooth. Taste for flavor. If you want it spicier, add more Sriracha. If it needs salt, add some, etc.
- Combine the sauce into the sunflower seed mix until completely incorporated.