- For the Pad Thai “Noodle” Ingredients:
- 1 package (12 oz) kelp noodles
- 1 c. carrot, julienned or peeled into slips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 c. julienned or spiralized zucchini
- 1 c. shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
For the Pad Thai Sauce Ingredients (makes 1 cup):
- 6 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger (or 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated)
- 1/2 c. water
- Soak the kelp noodles in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Shake them dry, then pat them very dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel. Use a pair of scissors to snip them into smaller pieces.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients, along with one 1/2 c. of water, in a blender until smooth.
- Mix the noodles thoroughly with the vegetables and cilantro. And 1/2 c. of sauce and mix in. And more sauce if needed, until the noodles are thoroughly coated with sauce. Serve, garnished with cilantro.
The Pad Thai sauce will last for a week in the fridge. The noodle dish will keep for 2 days in the fridge.
The recipe was reprinted with permission of the author, Gena Hamshaw of Choosing Raw.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 0mg