- 1/4 c. almond butter
- 1/4 c. Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (refined for no coconut flavor)
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. tapioca starch/powder
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of wax paper.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the almond butter, dates, and maple syrup together until completely smooth.
- Place in a medium bowl and add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar and tapioca starch. Mix until well-combined and can form into a ball.
- Dust a piece of wax paper with the powdered sugar and tapioca starch. Place the ball on top.
- Divide the ball in half. Repeat until you half 8 small balls.
- Roll in the powdered sugar/tapioca mix and between your hands for each ball until no longer sticky. You can add more sugar/tapioca if needed. You will want to absorb all the starch/sugar mix for all the combined tootsie roll balls.
- Roll each ball with one hand on the baking sheet coated with wax paper until a narrow string is formed. Repeat for each ball.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut each string into 4-5 pieces. Cover in candy-grade wax paper.
- Keep chilled either in the freezer or fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Tootsie Roll
- Calories: 25
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg