- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn kernels and coat with oil. Cover with a lid.
- Shake the pan every 30 seconds to keep the kernels from burning. The kernels, once heated, will be begin to pop continuously. Listen closely because once the popping kernels have a couple of seconds in between pops, it is ready to be taken away from the heat.
- Melt the caramels and chopped up candy bars in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-20 second increments (or over a small saucepan on the stove) until just melted.
- Pour the melted mix on top of the popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Allow to set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.