- 2 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 c. coconut sugar (or use granulated)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed well
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 c. finely grated carrots (3–4 medium carrots)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (use 1/2 c. more to top the bread, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add all of the wet ingredients in (except for the carrots and walnuts) and mix together until just combined. Fold in carrots and walnuts. Coat with remainder walnuts to garnish on top if you desire.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top spring back when gently touched.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-7 minutes until it is not longer too hot to touch. Remove completely and allow to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 325 calories
- Fat: 14 g