- 3 c. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half and boiled in water until just tender
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. garbanzo flour (or coconut flour for Paleo option)
- 1 c. unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, sliced (for topping)
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the olive oil, shallots and garlic until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and heat up until tender.
- Sift in the gluten-free flour of choice and mix into mushroom, garlic, and onions. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the nondairy milk and broth. Whisk until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened, stirring continuously.
- Add the green beans until completely coated and warm for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, coat the bottom layer with olive oil until heated. Add the sliced shallots and cook until nicely browned and crisp.
- Top the casserole with crispy shallots.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g