Adapted from my Gluten Free Vegan Bread Loaf, this is a quick go-to bread recipe that is perfect for anyone who is trying to avoid grains, cannot have yeast and/or is battling with a Candida overgrowth. Just toast up, slather with your favorite toppings and you have a meal at your plate.
- 1 1/2 c. chickpea flour
- 3/4 c. almond flour
- 3/4 c. cashew meal
- 1/4 c. ground up chia seeds (use a spice or coffee grinder)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. nondairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar* (see note at the bottom of the page)
- raw sunflower seeds to top the loaf (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, chia meal, baking powder, soda and sea salt until well combined. Add the nondairy milk, water, and vinegar into the mix until absorbed and a thick batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8″ loaf pan, sprinkle raw sunflower seeds over the top (optional) and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. While the batter is sitting, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked all the way through (use a knife or toothpick to stick in the middle to check for gumminess). Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool in pan until cool enough to touch. Remove from pan to cool completely before slicing.
- Toast up before serving.
Once the loaf has fully cooled, slice it and store either in your fridge or freezer in a sealed bag. The bread is good for up to 2 weeks in the fridge and 1 month in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g