- 1/2 c. almond meal (or use sunflower seed flour for nut-free)
- 1/3 c. chia seed
- 1/4 c. hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp. carob powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Maca powder (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- Grind the chia seed and hemp hearts in a coffee or spice grinder individually until a fine flour. Be careful not to overgrind.
- Mix together all the ingredients together (omit carob powder for an original flavor) and store in an air-tight container in a dry, dark place.
- Use 4 Tbsp. in a smoothie.
When blending into a smoothie, add the liquid first, the fruits and leafy greens next, and add this protein powder last. Keeps the chia from expanding in the liquid.
- Serving Size: 4 Tbsp. (1 serving)
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 12g