You don’t need a pasta maker to create gluten free noodles at home! This easy-to-follow recipe only asks for 6 ingredients and cooks up pasta in no time.
- 1 c. buckwheat flour
- 1/2 c. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder + 4 Tbsp. water – allow to thicken for 2 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 7–8 Tbsp. water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, arrowroot, and salt until well-combined.
- Add the thickened psyllium powder mix, oil, and start with the first 6 Tbsp. of water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a nice dough forms. You are looking for slightly moist but not sticky at all. If your dough is still too dry, add the remaining tablespoons of water. At some point you are going to have to ditch the wooden spoon and start using your hands so you can feel the consistency and knead the dough. If it’s too sticky add a tablespoon of buckwheat flour until moist but not sticky.
- Bring a pot of 8 cups of water and a generous pinch of sea salt to a boil.
- Divide the dough into two smooth balls. Flour your surface with more buckwheat flour and roll out one dough ball as thin as you can. You will notice this dough is beautiful to work with! It should be like elastic and easy to roll out.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, create thin strips. Sprinkle with more buckwheat flour to prevent sticking together.
- Pour into the boiling water in two batches and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Drain and serve immediately.
Do make sure to cook in batches. Once one batch is done, drain and immediately pour into an individual serving bowl.
Best if eaten immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Large bowl of Pasta
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8g