Keep the oven turned off and watch your watermelon go from fruit to donuts in almost an instant!
- 1 small watermelon, cut into 1 1/2″ slices
- 1 14 oz. can of coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- sprinkles or toppings of choice
- Round biscuit cutter (mine is 2 5/8″)
- Fondant mini circle cutter
- Using a biscuit cutter, make circles out of the watermelon slices. Using the fondant circle, make holes in the middle of each “donut.” See the video on how I did it.
- Place the chilled coconut cream (I use cream because it tends to be more stiff that coconut milk but you can use coconut milk that has been chilled instead if you’d like) into a bowl, separating the solid cream from the liquid. Discard the liquid.
- On medium speed, use an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and whip up another couple of seconds.
- Spoon the coconut cream onto the tops of the donuts. If you have extra coconut cream leftover, store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Garnish with sprinkles or whatever toppings you’d like.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Protein: 0.5g