- 1 c. old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free certified)
- 1/3 c. Ancient Harvest quinoa flour
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c. raw honey (or use brown rice syrup for vegan)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
Optional add-ins (2 Tbsp. of each):
- raw sunflower seeds
- almond slices
- dried cranberries
- shredded coconut
For the bear face:
- nondairy yogurt or coconut whipped cream
- 2 slices of banana
- 1 blackberry, tip sliced off
- 2 almond slices
- 2 chocolate covered chia seeds (or use mini nondairy chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease a muffin tin for 6.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients (up to the sea salt) until well-combined. Add your optional add-ins as you desire and then add the honey and oil. Mix until evenly moist.
- Press firmly into a muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Once removed from the oven, press the tops with the back of a spoon to create an indent. Allow to cool in the muffin tin and then carefully and gently remove. If you are afraid of the granola cups falling apart once removed, you can always line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Follow the video to create an animal shape for kid-friendly option or simply fill with dairy free yogurt and fruit on top.
- Serving Size: 1 Granola Cup (without fillings)
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g