- 1/4 c. vegan butter
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour blend (see link in post)
- 1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder*
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. sprinkles of choice
- In a bowl, mix together the vegan butter and shortening until fluffy (approximately 1 minute) with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the sugar for another 30 seconds, then add the nondairy milk and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Whisk together the flour, psyllium, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Using the electric mixer, gradually add into the butter mix until combined fully.
- Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop (approximately 2 Tbsp. cookie dough). Roll into a ball and flatten slightly. Roll the tops into the sprinkles.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or just until golden. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
*If you do not have psyllium husk powder (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s) you can replace it with ground flax or ground chia seed.
You may also add 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum to ensure they do not crumble, especially if you are not using the psyllium powder however I found it not really necessary.