- 3 corn tortillas
- finely diced bell peppers
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Mashed potatoes:
- 1 large potato, peeled, cubed, and boiled in water until soft (15 minutes)
- 1/2 c. nondairy milk (depending on the size of potato, you might need less milk)
- sea salt to taste
- Drain the potato water and add the nondairy milk. Whip up until creamy and fluffy. Add more milk if needed. Place in the fridge to chill.
- While the potatoes are cooling, heat up enough oil in a skillet to coat the bottom.
- Place a corn tortilla in the skillet on one side just for approx 30 seconds until the one side just starts to barely brown. Remove with tongs and place cooked-side up. Using a cone shaper from a cannoli or waffle cone maker (OR I used an actual gluten free ice cream cone), create a cone shape (careful, it’s hot!) Place the tortilla back into the skillet with the flap side down and brown the heck out of it. Repeat on all sides and allow to drain and firm up on a paper towel.
- Scoop out mashed potatoes, sprinkle with bell peppers and top with a cherry tomato.