- 4 apples, horizontally sliced into 5 pieces and cored
- 1 c. chopped nuts or seeds of choice
- 1/4 c. melted nondairy chocolate
- nondairy chocolate chips
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 20 min.
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, refined
- 1 heaping tsp. nut butter of choice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Drain the dates from the water and place all the ingredients for the date caramel sauce into a high speed blender or small food processor and blend until completely smooth. If you need to add more nondairy milk to make more smooth, add a teaspoon at a time.
- Slather each apple slice with caramel and dip into chopped nuts and nondairy chocolate chips. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and enjoy!
Refrigerated the uneaten caramel apple slices. Will stay fresh for 24 hours chilled.
- Serving Size: 2 Caramel Apple Slices
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 2.8g