- 1½ c. Cara’s Light Blend or use Enjoy Life’s All Purpose Blend
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. nondairy milk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- For the Penguins:
- 1 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 c. nondairy white chocolate, melted
- 36 homemade googly eyes
- 36 almond slices (or use pumpkin seeds)
- 18 almonds, sliced in half (or use sunflower seeds)
- yellow-colored vegan jelly candies (I bought mine from Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini donut pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the bowl and add all the remainder of wet ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir again briefly.
- Pipe out the batter into the pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- On a piece of wax paper, pipe out the melted white chocolate into 18 ovals for the penguin bellies. Freeze for 5-10 min until set.
- If your melted Enjoy Life chocolate is too thick for dipping, you can add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or shortening to lightly thin out. Dip each donut into the chocolate and set on the wax paper. Assemble the penguin body and allow to set in freezer for 10 minutes.