This recipe is a great base for different flavors! Try adding more nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, dried fruit, and even chocolate chips–whatever you desire–to liven up these homemade Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 c. Gluten Free 1-minute Quick oats
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. dry quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ c. walnuts (or nuts of choice)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ c. dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8”x8” pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas with the back of a fork until completely smooth.
- Place 1 cup of oats along with the remainder of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse several times. Mix in remainder of oats with a spoon.
- Stir in the oat mix with the mashed bananas until completely coated. Pour into the greased pan and gently pat down until the batter is evenly spread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to completely cool.
- Cut evenly into 9 squares and drizzle with melted dark chocolate (optional).
- Serving Size: 1 Breakfast Bar
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g