Put a fun twist on a childhood classic by turning your sandwiches into these Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes!
- 1 1/4 c. Silk Unsweetened Original nondairy milk
- 3 Tbsp. all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. Cara’s Light GF Flour Blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (if you have issues with gums, you can omit)
- pinch of sea salt (if your peanut butter has salt, simply omit)
- Mix together the Silk milk, peanut butter, and vinegar in a medium bowl. If it’s too hard to combine, you can soften up the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the ingredients easily mix together.
- Dump the remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir until just combined. Your batter should be thick but not too thick where you cannot spoon it out. If you have a runny batter, add a tablespoon of flour until desired consistency.
- Heat up a skillet over medium high heat. Grease with olive oil spray.
- Place a spoonful of batter in the skillet and cook until small bubbles form on top and the sides firm up.(If you want to make the pancakes in the shapes of pieces of bread, see my tip in the post above). Flip over.
- Slather one pancake with peanut butter and the other with jelly and sandwich together for a new way to eat your pancakes.
- Serving Size: 1 PB&J Pancake Sandwich
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 79mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g