- 1 1/2 c. Cara’s Light Flour Blend
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. Silk Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. Silk Almond milk, unsweetened
For the Cactus:
- 1 whole kiwi, skinned
- 1 berry (red and yellow raspberries, blackberries)
- dairy free chocolate sprinkles
- cacao nibs for the rocks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the muffin tin evenly and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back after gently pressing down.
- Remove from the pan and allow to fully cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- Whip up all of the ingredients for the frosting together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on the cupcakes. Place the kiwi on top and immediately coat the edges of the frosting with cacao nibs.
- Add chocolate sprinkles for the pricks and top with a berry of your choice.
These cupcakes are best if eaten immediately.
If you want to make these ahead, make the cupcakes and frosting separately and then assemble right before you are going to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Succulent Cupcake
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 44.8g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 3.4g