- 1/2 c. dairy free butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1 1/2 c. Cara’s Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. dairy free chocolate chips (divided)
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 c. No No’s candies, 3 packets worth (I buy mine from Amazon)
- 1/2 c. gluten free pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whip up the dairy free butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and mix another 30 seconds. Add in the chickpea liquid (aqaufaba).
- Throw the flour, gum, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts (optional) and 1/4 c. dairy free chocolate chips.
- Pour into the 8×8 pan and smooth down. Add the pretzels and NoNos candies on top and gently pressed down to secure into the dough.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The middle will appear uncooked but don’t worry! It will continue to bake through as you allow it to fully cool.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 12 squares. Serve with a tall glass of cold dairy free milk!
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Bar
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 4.5g