This recipe has been adapted by my Cauliflower FauxMeal.
- 1/3 c. raw almonds
- 1/3 c. raw cashews
- 1/3 c. walnuts
- 1 banana
- 3/4 c. dairy free milk
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- sprinkle of nutmeg
For the owl, you’ll need:
- 2 small orange slices (for the eyes)
- 2 banana slices (for the eyes)
- 2 blueberries (for the eyes)
- 7 raw almonds (for the eyebrows and beak)
- 1 kiwi slice, cut in half (for the wings)
- 14 almonds slices (for the feathers)
- 6 raw cashews (for the claws)
- Pulse the nuts together in a food processor until you create almost a flour-like base.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until some-what smooth. This will have texture to it so if you want it completely smooth, add to a high-speed blended.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and heat up for 5 minutes, or until it gets warm and thick enough. If you want it thicker, you can always add 1/2 tsp. chia seeds and let it sit for a minute.
- Follow the video for full instruction on how to assemble the owl