- 1 1/2 c. cooked medium-grain rice (I used Calrose)
- purple cabbage, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- mango slices
- sriracha mayo sauce (see below)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 nori sheet (optional)
- 1–2 soy sushi wrappers (optional)
For Sriracha Mayo Sauce:
- 1/3 c. vegan mayo
- 1–2 tsp. sriracha hot sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- pinch salt + pepper
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- Let the rice cool while you slice your toppings and make the sriracha mayo sauce.
- Stir the vegan mayo and sriracha together in a small bowl. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- With wet hands, form your rice into ‘buns’. Wet your hands before making each bun
- Layer your toppings on the bottom ‘bun’, slather sauce on the top ‘bun’ and place over toppings, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- If adding nori to your sushi burger, cut 1 sheet into squares as you would add cheese on your burger.
- Wrap the burger in 1-2 soy wrappers for ease of handling and keeping all your toppings together