- 1 Granny Smith apple, washed and dried
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow Pepper
- nut/seed butter of choice
- vegetable peeler
- Little Aspic cookie cutters, shamrock shape (I found this on Amazon)
- A plastic baggie
- Add the nut butter to the plastic baggie and snip a tiny hole in the corner (you really don’t need to use the baggie but it’s fun for kids at add their own nut butter while controlling the mess).
- Cut 2 slices, each from opposite side of the apple. Trim into rectangles for the hat base.
- From the remaining uncut sides, cut out 2 wedges for the hat brim.
- Using the uncut apple pieces with the skin on, cut out the shamrocks with the Little Aspic cookie cutters.
- Peel a carrot strip and cut into thinner strips for the hat bands and the clover stems.
- Cut a little yellow pepper square for the buckle.
- Add the nut butter to each of the hat rectangles and sandwich them together. Add more nut butter to the bottom of the apple for the base.
- Assemble the hat buckle and clover stems and then —eat them!