- 1 can of jackfruit (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 c. BBQ sauce of choice
- 4 toasted buns
Toppings of choice (optional):
- cabbage slaw
- sliced onions
- Drain and rinse the canned jackfruit.
- Heat a large pan over medium/low heat.
- Transfer the drained jackfruit to the pan and heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce and simmer on low until you can easily shred the jackfruit with a fork.
- Remove from heat and shred the jackfruit and assemble your sandwich! Use more BBQ sauce for slathering onto your sandwiches if desired.