- 1 c. rice, per color (6 c. total)
- 1/2 tsp. water, per color
- 15 –20 drops food coloring, per color (you’ll need red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- 6 plastic baggies or a reusable plastic container that you don’t mind gets stained
- Place 1 c. of rice into each baggie.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of water + 15-20 drops of food coloring per color.
- Place into the baggie, zip up completely and then shake the heck out of it until the color has spread evenly. You might need to add another 1/4 tsp of water along with a couple more drops of coloring if it doesn’t coat it perfectly.
- Place the rice out on a piece of parchment paper, aluminum foil, baking sheet, or paper towel and allow to dry.
- Repeat for the other 5 colors.
- Once completely dry, pour all colors into a small storage bin.