- 8 oz. tempeh
- 3/4 c. gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. onion, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
- cooked gluten-free pasta for 4
- Heat enough oil to fully coat the bottom of a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients together with the exception of 1/4 c. of the breadcrumbs.
- Form into 1″ balls. Roll into remainder breadcrumbs until fully coated. Brown in skillet until all sides nicely browned. Do in batches if needed. Remove from the pan.
- On low heat, warm up the spaghetti sauce. Place the cooked noodles in to fully immerse into the sauce. Plate and top with meatballs.
- Serving Size: 1 tempeh ball
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g