- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot water
- 2–3 drops food coloring of choice
- shallow, mini mold (I used a heart-shaped one)
- Combine sugar and water together. The texture should resemble wet sand. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more water. If too wet, add a little more sugar.
- Add food coloring and mix until completely combined.
- Place spoonfuls of sugar mixture into heart candy molds. Press down with your fingers, making sure it is niced pressed into its shape.
- Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes in tray. Taking a cutting board, place on top of tray and flip over so the hearts will gently pop out onto the board. Do not touch at this point–Allow to sit for another 60 minutes to harden.