Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1 1/4 c. Cara’s All Purpose GF Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. dairy free butter, room temp
- 1/2 c. peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. aquafaba (brine from can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut butter filling:
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 3 Tbs shortening
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add aquafaba and vanilla and blend until just combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and blend until just combined.
- Separate dought into 2 halves. Flatten and wrap each section with parchment paper. Chill for 2+ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until 1/4-1/2″ thick. Cut circles out of dough with a 2-2 1/2″ fondant cutter. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown along edges. Cool on baking sheet.
- With an electric mixer, blend peanut butter and shortening for the filling. Slowly add powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scoop filling onto one cookie and then place other cookie on top. Gently press down and allow to set.
- Best if eaten within a day or two. Refrigerate if desired.