- 1 c. Cara’s All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance, chilled
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- 1/3 c coconut cream, canned
- Fresh mixed berries
- Macadamia nut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter and shortening. Mix in coconut cream. Your batter should be thick at this point.
- Drop by spoonfuls (approx 3″ sized biscuits) onto a baking sheet. Spray the tops with with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until brown. Allow to cool.
- Serve with fresh berries and a raw macadamia nut whipped cream