- 1 can black beans, mashed with the back of a spoon (you don’t want it pureed)
- 3 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 heaping Tbsp. gluten free flour (I used sprouted black bean flour and it worked beautifully)
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed meal, already ground + 3 Tbsp. water, allow to sit for 5-7 min until thickened
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl until a nice patty can be formed.
- Create 8 small (or 4 large) patties between your hands. If the dough is not sticking together, add another tablespoon of flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the patties on both sides (approx 5 min per side).
- Serve on mini buns and garnish with whatever you want!