- 8 corn tortillas
- 14 oz can hearts of palm, drained and shredded (should equal about 6 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (use a vegan brand, if needed) or use 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- In a small bowl, combine the shredded hearts of palm and “meat” seasoning until evenly combined.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium high heat. Add the onions until translucent. Add the seasoned hearts of palm. Heat up for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
- Clean out the skillet and add enough oil to the bottom of the pan to coat. Heat thoroughly.
- Evenly add the hearts of palm meat to each tortilla. If your tortillas are too thick, they will break apart. Also, to ensure this won’t happen, gently warm up the tortillas in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Roll up.
- Immediately add the rolled up tortillas into the heated oil. Heat on every side until lightly browned.
- Serve with homemade guacamole and salsa.