Gluten, egg, dairy-free, Paleo, Vegan
- 6 c. kale (thick stems cut out, cut in small chunks)
- 1 c. cauliflower
- 3/4 c. non-dairy milk
- 1 Tb vegan butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp, salt
- Lightly steam kale by placing in a medium saucepan with 1 Tb water. Cover and steam over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using the same saucepan, place cauliflower and 1 c. water inside, cover and bring to a boil. Steam for 5 minutes and drain the water.
- Place steamed cauliflower into a blender with 3/4 c. non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth. Add milk by 1 Tb if it’s still too thick. Remember that this is replacing heavy cream so you don’t want it to be runny but a thick heavy cream-like consistency. Place 1/2 tsp salt and lightly blend.
- In a skillet, heat butter and sauté garlic and shallots until translucent (2 minutes or so).
- Add kale to the skillet and allow it to heat up again. Throw in the cauliflower “cream” and stir until the kale is completely coated.
- Season with salt and pepper if you desire.
- Serving Size: 2