- 1/4 c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/4 c. vegan butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 2 Tbsp. water – thickened for 5 minutes
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 1 c. Cara’s gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the Cream Filling:
- 1 1/2 c. Dandies vegan marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter, shortening, and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in the flaxseed meal “egg” and molasses.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Pour 1/3 of the flour mix into the creamed sugar mix and stir with a wooden spoon. Repeat until completely blended in.
- Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball and place onto the baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt the marshmallows and butter together over low heat. Add the powdered sugar and stir in until combined. Quickly spoon onto one cookie and then sandwich together with another cookie.