A more grown-up and allergen-friendly way to enjoy your S’mores by the campfire.
Dry Ingredients for the “Graham” Crackers
- 1/3 c. superfine brown rice flour
- 1/3 c. sorghum flour
- 1/3 c. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. Teff flour
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
Wet Ingredients for “Graham” Crackers
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, solid (or chilled shortening or vegan butter)
- 1 Tbsp. unsulphered molasses
- 2–3 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
For the Ice Cream
- 16 oz. store-bought nondairy chocolate ice cream of choice
- 1/4 c. mini vegan chocolate chips
- 8 mini vegan marshmallows, roughly chopped up
For the “Graham” Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together for the graham crackers in a medium bowl. With a pastry blender or fork, incorporate solid coconut oil into flour until crumbs forms.
- Place the remainder of the wet ingredients into flour mix until smooth and combined. Start with 2 Tbsp. nondairy milk to begin with and if it needs more liquid to create a smooth ball, add another tablespoon. Make into a dough ball and smooth out with your hands.
- Divide into two balls. Roll out one ball onto a piece of parchment to 1/4′” thickness (or desired thickness).
- Using a 3″ cookie/biscuit cutter, cut out circles from the dough (or form into shape and size of choice).
- Take a fork and gently poke holes into dough and sprinkle with raw sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies), or until lightly browned along the edges. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
For the Ice Cream
- Allow the ice cream to soften up in order to easily stir in the add-ins. You might have leftover graham crackers depending on their size. If so, simply crush them up and add them into the ice cream along with the vegan marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Place it into a covered container and re-freeze until solid.
- Gently scoop out ice cream between two graham crackers and enjoy.