Rich, chocolatey gluten free brownies stuffed with vegan candy bars. It’s like a toothache heaven!
- 1 1/4 c. Cara’s All Purpose GF Flour
- 1/3 c. unsweetened dark cocoa powder (or use regular cocoa powder)
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c. mild-flavored oil of choice
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1 c. vegan candy bars of choice, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. nondairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan. You might even want to dust the sides and bottom with gluten-free flour to keep it from sticking.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Fold in chopped up candy bars.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until firm along the edges. Don’t freak out when you see that some of the candy bars leave holes in the brownies once melted. That is what the melted chocolate chips are for (see step 6): to cover up the gaps and make this recipe extra decadent.
- Dump the chocolate chips evenly on top of the brownies and place back into the oven fro 3-4 minutes. Remove pan and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Allow to set for a couple of hours on the counter or place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g