This recipe is reprinted with permission from The Abundance Diet Cookbook by Somer McCowan through Vegan Heritage Press.
- 1/2 c. raw cashews, almonds or walnuts (or a combination)
- 1/2 c. gf rolled oats
- 3/4 c. pitted soft medjool dates (roughly chopped after measuring, packed into a measuring cup)
- pinch sea salt
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- In a food processor, throw all of the ingredients in. Process until finely crumbled. Continue processing until the mixture starts to hold together into a mass. If your mixture seems dry, add water 1 teaspoon at a time until it adheres.
- With wet hands, press the dough into an 8×4″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Chill the dough until firm. Remove the parchment and the chilled dough from the loaf pan and cut into 1″x1″ cookie pieces.
- To make bear shapes: Instead of placing in a loaf pan, simply roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until approx. 1/2″ thick. Cut into 3″ circles (should get around 10 cookies). Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and chill until firm.
- Decorate with homemade googly eyes, banana ears, banana nose with a dried blueberry and strawberry mouth.
These cookies keep nicely well-wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Bite
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 34mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.6g