For all of you leftover lovers, this Cranberry BBQ Pizza is your answer to your Thanksgiving take-homes. If you are anything like me, I love me some cranberries over the holidays but it seems to be the one menu item that a lot is made and a lot is left over. In fact, making a pizza out of all of your Thanksgiving leftovers makes the day after (and the day after that day) meals a lot more exciting. Oh boy, I love it when excitement is served with food!
You don’t need much for these pizzas either! Just:
dairy free cheese (of course, you can use regular cheese if you don’t need the dairy free)
shredded hearts of palm (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s but you can at any store in the canned veggies section). I use hearts of palm because it’s a great plant based option and is very meat-like, like shredded jack fruit, and absorbs the marinade nicely. You can use whatever your hearts desire, but of course.
sliced red onion
And don’t forget the BBQ sauce and leftover cranberries!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the BBQ sauce and leftover cranberries. Reserve half of the mixture and spread the other half over the 2 pizza crusts.
- Mix the shredded hearts of palm with the remainder sauce.
- Coat the crusts with dairy free cheese, hearts of palm, red onion slices, and chopped cilantro.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted to your liking.
- Cut and serve.
Check out my video on how to make Cranberry BBQ Pizzas using Flatout bread:
Think of all the possibilities of pizza you can make with this Flatout bread! You can even throw some stuffing and mashed potatoes on there and heck, try rolling and slicing them up and now you have leftover Thanksgiving roll ups. Sign me up! Maybe drizzle it with gravy? Okay, okay, I’ll stop. I’m making myself hungry…
You can find Flatout products in the bakery section of your local grocery store or even order them online through their website here.