- 1/2 c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water, allow to thicken for 5 minutes
- 1 c. Ancient Harvest quinoa flour
- 1/2 c. arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
For the face:
- 40 gluten free pretzels
- 40 homemade googly eyes
- 20 red allergen friendly candies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, and brown sugar together with a fork until fluffy. Add the flax “egg”.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until you have a nice dough formed.
- Create a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and roll between your hands. Flatten gently with the back of a spoon. The cookies will not flatten if you do not do this.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Open the oven door and pull out the rack with the cookies still on the rack. Press the pretzels, eyes, and nose firmly but gently into each cookie. Allow to fully cool.