The recipe has been adapted from my cookbook, Decadent Gluten Free Vegan Baking
For the crust:
- 2 c. ground gluten free graham crackers (for a vegan option, use this recipe or use ground up Chex cereal)
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted (use refined if you don’t like coconut flavor)
For the filling:
- 2 c. raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, liquid drained
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice (from 2–3 limes)
- zest of 2 limes
- 3/4 c. dairy free milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1/3 c. coconut oil, melted (use refined if you don’t like coconut flavor)
- 3–4 drops all natural green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil until the texture is like wet sand. Firmly pat the bottom of the pan with the crust mix until it is packed in. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Allow to fully cool.
- While the crust is cooling, throw all of the pie filling ingredients into a high-speed blender until thick yet smooth. Pour the filling mix on top of the crust. Cover and freeze for a couple of hours until ready to slice.
- Cut into 12 bars.
You can store these bars in the fridge for up to 3 days before the graham cracker crust gets a bit soggy. Try freezing them for longer storage and allow to thaw out prior to eating.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 5g